The Florida League of Cities is proud to present our "Getting to Know Your Florida Cities" training DVD. This training tool has been developed to help citizens, the media, civic organizations, schools and others learn more about municipal governments in the Sunshine State.
The DVD is provided to cities, schools and newly elected officials. It also is available to print and television media personnel throughout the state. Each chapter can stand alone, or it may be used with the rest of the DVD material for a "full course" on municipal government.
To request a copy of the "Getting to Know Your Florida Cities" DVD, please contact Sharon Berrian
- Chapter 1: What is a city in Florida?
- Chapter 2: What are city powers and responsibilities?
- Chapter 3: What services do cities provide?
- Chapter 4: What are key city positions?
- Chapter 5: What funds are used in a city budget?
- Chapter 6: What are intergovernmental relationships?
- Chapter 7: What are the unique characteristics of Florida cities?
- Chapter 8: Learn more about Florida cities.